Sunday, February 16, 2014

MQG Riley Blake Challenge: Hexagons

My first finish of 2014: the Modern Quilt Guild's Riley Blake Challenge.  



Members of the guild were given fat-eighths of six or so Riley Blake fabrics. We could use any solids we wanted. I went through my scrap bin and started pulling blues and greens, with a pop of yellow and orange. I rounded it out with some dark brown and lots of Kona Coal.



For the back I used up the rest of my scraps. I love the back just as much as the front!



The quilting was done with stitch #4 on my Bernina 220 Activa. WAVY LINES! I love the crinkled effect after washing.



Photos were taken this morning during the Austin Marathon. My house is land-locked on marathon day. Meaning the marathon route circles our neighborhood and we can't get out till about 1 p.m. I loved being able to take a photo on the road closure. And look at the tired runner... This was mile 18!  Way to go, runners!

1 comment:

suemac said...

Got to love hexagons.